Hello and greetings from Spain,
The autumn season is about to start at the Club de Polo Ampurdan (Figueres, Spain). So I am sending you the dates and info, and hope that at some time we will meet at the polo pitch J !
7-8 and 14-15 September 2013
V CHALLENGE CPA – Memorial Wolfgang Reber – Grand Prix Parkhotel Beau Site Zermatt (poster attached)
HCP: 4 a 6 goals
Fee: 300 EUR / player
12-13 October 2013
AMPURDAN AUTUMN CUP
HCP: 0 a 4 goals
Fee: 250 EUR / player
2-3 de November 2013
XXXII DARÍO CAMPOS’ DEBUTANTS TOURNAMENT
HCP divided in 2 categories: DEBUTANTS and 0-4 goals
9-10 November 2013
VII SPANISH LADIES POLO NATIONALS (International Ladies Tournament)
HCP FEM: 6 - 12 goals
Fee: 190 EUR / player
Horse overnight stay: 7 EUR on a supervised closed field / 12 EUR on a paddock / 15 EUR on a box (food included in all 3 options)
Individual inscription to the tournaments is possible, and we have rent horses available.
In Autumn players from Northern European countries come to take part on tournaments at the Ampurdan, taking advantage of the mild weather in our region, and some leave their horses at our paddocks for their winter rest.
The access to Figueres is very easy:
- by plane: Girona Airport (only Ryan Air flights), 20 minutes by car from the club; or Barcelona Airport (1,5 hours by car from the club).
- by train: TGV Paris-Figueres (5 hours), trains station 5 minutes from the club.
- by car: A7 exit Figueres, 15 Km from the French border.
1. Hotel Travé (www.hoteltrave.com): nice and very comfortable familiar hotel 2 minutes from the city center Figueres; 46 EUR single room / 56 EUR double room (Breakfast: 8 EUR)
2. Hotel Duran (www.hotelduran.com): very comfortable hotel, at the city center Figueres; the artist Salvador Dalí used to go often (as he was born in Figueres) to have lunch or dinner, so the decoration is a bit "dalinian": 56,50 EUR single room (64,50 EUR with breakfast) / 71,50 EUR double room (79,50 EUR with breakfast)
(Prices subject to season)
3. Hotel Mas Pau (www.maspau.com): Four star hotel; old farmhouse from the XVI century, renovated and decorated with furniture and art paintings from all the generations who have lived there. The restaurant is managed by Toni Gerez and chef Xavier Sagristà, who have worked during ten years with the prestigious cook Ferran Adrià at the restaurant “El Bulli” in Roses. The restaurant of Mas Pau has the acknowledgement of one star Michelin.
4. Torremirona Golf Resort (es.torremirona.com): located at the Golf Club Torremirona, 4 Km away from the Club de Polo Ampurdan.
Accommodation for grooms:
Hostal Amiel: located 5 minutes by car from the club. Single room with bath 30 EUR / night. Telf: +34972504968.
For any info you may need please do not hesitate to contact.